1. This page may not look as exciting as the rest, but it's just as important because it contains the terms and conditions ("Conditions") that apply when you use the bockabocka.com website ("Website") and/or purchase any of the products ("Products") listed on this Website. By using our Website and/or placing an order with us, you are agreeing to all of the Conditions below.
2. Whilst we spend most of our days designing original, colourful underwear, occasionally we take some time to update these Conditions and so you should always check them before you place an order, as the latest version will apply. These Conditions are v1.0 and were last updated on 10 November 2019.
3. These Conditions don't affect your statutory rights.
1. bockabocka.com is the website of Bocka Bocka, which is the trading name of Bocka Bocka Ltd ("We", "Us", "Our"), a company registered in England and Wales under company number 10180471.
2. Our registered office is Haddon House, Maddox Park, Bookham, Surrey, KT23 3BW, United Kingdom.
To shop with us, you need to:
1. Be at least 16 years old;
2. Have a credit or debit card or payment method that we accept;
3. Be authorised to use that credit or debit card or payment method;
4. Be ordering the Products for domestic and private use only; and
5. Be resident in a country that we deliver to.
1. When you place an order, you'll receive an email acknowledging receipt of your order. This email will detail the Products ordered, cost, delivery address and method, and payment address and method. Please note that this email does not constitute an acceptance of your order by us.
2. You should check the details in this email are correct. If they’re not, then get in touch with us via firstname.lastname@example.org as you may be able to cancel your order within a short period of ordering.
3. After you submit your order, we contact your bank, card issuer or online payment service for authorisation to take payment from your account. We won't start processing your order until payment has been received in full. We'll confirm acceptance of your order by sending you a further email confirming that the order is being processed ready for dispatch.
4. At that point, the contract ("Contract") is made between you and us based on these Conditions. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms. The Contract will complete upon delivery to your nominated delivery address.
5. All orders are subject to product availability and confirmation of the order price. Very occasionally, we may need to refuse or cancel an order (even if we’ve previously confirmed it). This could be because we can’t obtain authorisation for your payment, or you fail our customer validation checks. If this happens to you and you think we’ve made a mistake, please don’t take offence – get in touch with us and we’ll see what we can do.
We love the fact that we have so many loyal customers around the world. However, please note the following if your delivery address is outside the UK:
1. You are responsible for the payment of any import duties, taxes, and customs charges that may be applied once the delivery reaches your country.
2. We don’t offer free exchanges on Products returned from outside the UK. Instead, we’ll issue a refund once the return’s received by our UK warehouse (provided that it is new and unworn and in its original packaging).
3. If you're returning Products from outside of the UK, please ensure that the parcel and any accompanying paperwork are clearly marked as ‘returned goods’.
4. We can’t guarantee that the Products for sale on this Website comply with the laws and regulations of jurisdictions outside the UK; to the extent that local laws and regulations are applicable, you're responsible for compliance with them.
We take great care to ensure that all information on the Website about our Products is up-to-date, accurate and reliable.
But because we’re so busy designing and making colourful, original underwear, there may be occasions when we make a typo in a product description or forget to update that a product is out of stock.
Any such errors are unintentional and we reserve the right to correct them at any time, including after you've placed your order. If we discover an error in respect of an order that has yet to be delivered, we’ll tell you ASAP and give you the option of reconfirming your order or cancelling it.
However, if you order a Product and the price published on the Website is incorrect for any reason, we'll email you to inform you that we haven't accepted your order, and that your order's been cancelled. We'll let you know the correct price of the Product and you may re-order it if you wish. We shall be under no obligation to fulfil an order for a Product that was advertised at an incorrect price.
1. The Products we make are lovingly hand cut and hand stitched. This means that there can be slight variations in detail from pair to pair.
2. In addition, the production of our underwear involves the use of digital printing, which is an art not a science. This means that there can be slight variations in colour and tone from pair to pair.
3. Finally, factors such as the display capabilities of your device mean that there may be differences in colour, texture or detail between the images on this Website and the actual Products.
4. We cannot be held responsible or liable for any of the differences in 7.1-7.3 above. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, simply return the Products following the instructions on this Website.
5. Our philosophy is to continually improve our Products, and so we reserve the right to make minor technical changes without affecting function, quality or price.
All Bocka Bocka Products are designed in London by Stephen and Peter and then made in Portugal. We regularly visit all of our Portuguese suppliers to ensure that they adhere to our strict quality, environmental, and ethical standards.
1. Goods will be sent to the delivery address that you provide when you order, subject to confirmation by us.
2. Before you finalise your order, you’ll be given various delivery options to choose from with estimated delivery times. We try our best to meet all delivery times but sometimes there may be delays for reasons that are out of our reasonable control – e.g., because of postal strikes, governmental actions, or bad weather. We are not liable for any such delays. We will keep you updated as much as we can and you should be able to track your parcel’s progress.
1. In the unlikely event that you receive Products which were not what you ordered or which are damaged or defective, or are of a different quantity to that stated on your order form, we shall make good any shortage or non-delivery, replace or repair any damaged or defective Product(s), or refund the amount you paid for the Product(s) in question provided that:
1.1. You notify us of the problem by writing to us at email@example.com within 14 days of receipt of the Product(s);
1.2. Where necessary, you send off the Product(s) within 14 days of notifying us of the problem (please note that postage costs for returning the Product(s) to us are your responsibility); and
1.3. The Products are ‘new and unworn’ (which means that there are no marks on either the underwear or the original packaging and the underwear has not been worn) and are in their original packaging.
2. If conditions 10.1.1-10.1.3 are met, we’ll refund you the price you paid for the Product(s). However, please note that we may reduce your refund to reflect any reduction in the value of the Product(s) if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop. Please also note that we don't refund your original delivery cost unless you're an EU customer and you cancelled your order under the Directive on Consumer Rights. We’ll process any refund due to you by the method you used for payment within 14 days of our receipt of the returned Product(s).
1. If you’re a customer in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), you have the right to cancel the Contract if you change your mind and communicate this to us within 14 days of receipt of the Products. The easiest way to do this is to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. If you cancel the Contract under clause 11.1 after the Products have been dispatched, you must return them to us. You must send off the Products within 14 days of telling us that you wish to cancel the Contract. Please note that postage costs for returning the Products to us are your responsibility.
3. If you cancel your Contract under clause 11.1, we'll:
3.1. Refund you the price you paid for the Products. However, please note that we may reduce your refund to reflect any reduction in the value of the Products if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop;
3.2. Refund the cost of standard delivery to your delivery destination; and
3.3. Process any refund due to you by the method you used for payment within 14 days of our receipt of the returned Products.
4. The right to cancel the Contract under clause 11.1 only applies if the Products are ‘new and unworn’ (which means that there are no marks on either the underwear or the original packaging and the underwear has not been worn) and are in their original packaging.
1. We may end the Contract at any time by writing to you if:
1.1. You do not make any payment to us when it is due;
1.2. You do not, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information that is necessary for us to provide the Products;
1.3. You do not, within a reasonable time, allow us to deliver the Products to you;
1.4. We accept and process your order where there is a pricing error that is obvious and unmistakable and which could reasonably have been recognised by you as a mispricing; or
1.5. You apply a voucher code to your order that is invalid for your order or that has expired.
2. If we end the Contract in any of the situations set out in clause 12.1, we'll refund any money you have paid in advance for the Products we haven't provided but we may deduct or charge you reasonable compensation for the costs we'll incur as a result of your breaking the Contract.
1. You agree that email can be used as a means of communication, notification and billing between us. Please note that we will never ask for personal information via email.
2. We try our best to respond promptly to emails from customers and visitors to our site. However, we are under no obligation to respond to such messages, to maintain them in confidence, or to pay for comments or submissions.
3. Please be sensible and do not send us material that:
- Is copyrighted by a third party, without that party's permission;
- Reveals trade secrets, without permission of the owner of those trade secrets;
- Infringes on any third party's intellectual property rights, without that party's permission; or
- Is sexually explicit, threatening, harassing, defamatory, obscene, hateful, abusive, defamatory or embarrassing to any other party.
2. We may interact with you through social media platforms. We can’t control those social media platforms or how you set your profiles on them. Please check and set your privacy settings so that you understand and are comfortable with how your Personal Data on those platforms will be used in your interactions with us.
1. You may need to register to use some of the features on this Website. During the registration process, you must choose a username and password. Please be sensible and keep your password safe and don’t disclose it to anyone.
2. You're responsible for all actions taken under your username and password. You may not transfer or sell your username to anyone, nor permit, either directly or indirectly, anyone to use your username or password.
3. We may change our registration requirements from time to time.
1. Sometimes we might contact you so that we can feature your content on our Website and/or social media accounts. By giving us your consent, you are confirming that:
1.1. We can use your handle, photos, images, comments, and/or feedback (the “Content”) on this Website and/or on Bocka Bocka’s social media accounts.
1.2. We can edit, crop, adapt, enhance or modify the Content (don’t worry, we’ll never treat you in a derogatory manner).
1.3. You have the permission of everyone in the Content and have the right to grant Bocka Bocka the above rights, and;
1.4. You are at least 18.
2. If you (or anyone in the Content) asks us to remove the Content, we will remove the Content from our Website and Bocka Bocka’s social media accounts.
3. It’s important to understand, though, that other users of our Website and social media platforms can share and make use of the Content once posted. In particular, a user can take a screenshot of and save an image of the Content to their device and/or share the Content on social media platforms or websites.
4. If you do not want to grant the permissions set out above then please do not give us consent to use the Content.
1. bockabocka.com is hosted by Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our Products to you.
2. We recommend you use virus protection software when using any website, including ours. Although we work hard to stop people messing with our Website, we can’t guarantee that access to the Website will be uninterrupted, timely or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Website or the server that makes it available are free of bugs, viruses or other harmful material. We will not be liable for any costs or expenses, including without limitation the need for services or replacement of equipment or data, that result from your use of the Website.
3. We take all reasonable care, in so far as it is in our power to do so, to keep your order and payment details and personal data secure, but in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from the Website, or breaches the secure servers used by Shopify Inc.
4. You’re not allowed to use automated systems or software to extract data from our Website.
1. You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is non-commercial, is fair and legal, and doesn’t damage or take advantage of our reputation.
2. Please don’t link in a way that suggests any form of approval or endorsement by us where none exists.
3. Our Website mustn’t be framed on any other site without our permission.
1. The Bocka Bocka brand name and the Bocka Bocka logo (the "Trademarks") are registered trademarks of Bocka Bocka Ltd.
2. Unless otherwise noted, the content featured on this Website, including illustrations, product details, images, artwork, graphics, photography, text, audio and video clips (the "Content") is the copyright of Bocka Bocka Ltd.
3. The trademarks, copyright and all other intellectual property rights in the Trademarks and Content shall remain at all times vested in Bocka Bocka Ltd and are protected by copyright laws and other laws and international treaty provisions. All worldwide rights are reserved.
4. You’re not allowed to use or reproduce the Trademarks and/or Content without our express permission. Any unapproved modification, publication, reproduction or redistribution of the Trademarks and/or Content is prohibited by law.
5. Please be aware that a lot of hard work has gone into creating our Trademarks and Content, and so we’re not afraid to use the full force of the law to protect them.
1. If we fail to comply with these terms and conditions, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breach or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the Contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen.
2. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Bocka Bocka Ltd, its directors, officers, employees, consultants, agents, and affiliates, from any and all third-party claims, liability, damages and/or costs (including, but not limited to, legal fees) arising from your use (or misuse) of this Website or your breach of the Conditions.
3. The Products sold on this Website are provided for private domestic and consumer use only. Accordingly, we do not accept liability for any indirect loss, consequential loss, loss of data, loss of income or profit, loss of damage to property and/or loss from claims of third parties arising out of the use of the Website or any Products purchased from the Website.
4. We will not be liable, in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), pre-contract or other representations (other than fraudulent or negligent misrepresentations) or otherwise out of or in connection with the Conditions for:
- Any economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings); or
- Any loss of goodwill or reputation; or
- Any special or indirect losses suffered or incurred by that party arising out of or in connection with the provisions of any matter under the Conditions.
5. Nothing in the Conditions will exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or any matter for which we may not exclude or limit our liability under any applicable law.
1. We can't be held responsible for material about Bocka Bocka displayed on third party material (including websites). The only prices that apply for Bocka Bocka Products are those stated on this Website.
2. Links on our Website to other sites and resources provided by third parties are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
1. Each of the paragraphs of these Conditions operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
2. No waiver by us of any of these Conditions on any single or multiple occasion(s) shall be construed as a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach of any of the Conditions.
3. These Conditions and our dealings with you are subject to English law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Occasionally things go wrong and you may want to get in touch with us. If that happens, please email us at email@example.com and we'll try and sort it out quicker than you can say "How good do I look in my new pair of Bocka Bockas?!"